Themed "Learning from the best", the Ministry of Economic Affairs, Employment and Housing called on companies and business-related research institutions to participate in the competition "AI Champions Baden-Württemberg" for the first time at the beginning of 2020. The contest was looking for outstanding, innovative examples of application-oriented artificial intelligence (AI) solutions from Baden-Württemberg.
The state’s Minister of Economic Affairs, Employment and Housing Dr. Nicole Hoffmeister-Kraut honored the nine prize winners in a virtual awards ceremony on August 11, 2020. The award-winning solutions cover different application areas of artificial intelligence. These include applications for data processing or plant breeding, among others. The program also included exciting contributions on the topic of AI.
In 2020, nine winners were honored as "AI Champions Baden-Württemberg". These are (in alphabetical order per category):
Category research institutions
- Forschungszentrum Informatik (FZI) from Karlsruhe with the AI solution „Apache StreamPipes“
Category company with more than 500 employees
- EnBW Energie Baden-Württemberg AG (Karlsruhe) with the AI solution „Virtuelles Kraftwerk“
- FESTO SE & Co. KG (Esslingen) with the AI solution „Intelligente pneumatische Laufzeitüberwachung“
- Trumpf GmbH + Co. KG (Ditzingen) with the AI solution „Sorting Guide“
Category company with less than 500 employees
- Averbis GmbH (Freiburg) with the AI solution „Information Discovery“
- AX Semantics GmbH (Stuttgart) with the AI solution „AX NLG Cloud“
- Computomics GmbH (Tübingen) with the AI solution „xSeedScore“
- Spotsize JACQ. GmbH (Mannheim) with the AI solution „spotsize“
- ThingsTHINKING GmbH (Karlsruhe) with the AI solution „semantha®“
The recording of the award ceremony can be found here:
Subtitles can be displayed via the settings.
Pictures of the event can be found here.