Karlsruhe is Germany’s most important location for the development and application of artificial intelligence. This is no new development: the de:hub Karlsruhe builds upon the region’s unique set of competences in the field of software development, and today relies on the joint research activities of established players in collaboration with ambitious entrepreneurs. A radius of a mere 400 metres is packed with excellent research institutions such as the FZI Research Center for Information Technology or the Fraunhofer Institute for Optronics, System Technology and Image Processing as well as the entrepreneurial network CyberForum and the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology. The de:hub Karlsruhe drives research, implementations, and incorporations in these three focus areas.
- AI on the spot: technology transfer, a format for small and medium-sized companies (SMEs)
- Networking of relevant players (user, provider, research facilities & Investors)
- Awareness-raising in the context of events
- FZI House of Livings Labs as a demonstration centre
- CyberLab – CyberForum’s IT-Accelerator
- Ten startup centres in the region